Friday, February 24, 2006

Working Way Too Hard

Saturday 18 February was a NEW DAY in the life of Errolyn Tan. It was the beginning of the end of the FAT Errolyn on the road to being a slimmer, more toned, more sexy Errolyn!!!

(I think that is the first time I have mentioned my name so many times in one paragraph! – Errolyn ‘Narcissist’ Tan)

I have just joined True Fitness on 11 Feb and was feeling quite guilty for not having endured any exercise classes or experimented with any machines.

So, Saturday, I woke up EARLY and went to Pilates and Line Dancing! Pilates was a bit harder but I cha-chaed my way and swung my bum through Line Dancing with great aplomb! Had a bit of a muscle ache that day and Sunday…..went to another class on Monday. BODYSTEP is described as ‘The ultimate step workout and the wor’ds fastest way to tone butts and thighs. Simple yet effective choreography gives you a high energy athletic cardio blast; simple enough for men and women of all ages and fitness levels”.

What a crock of bullsh*t! 45 minutes into the class I felt like I was going to spin out of control and puke onto my neighbour who was happily bunny bouncing on her step – keeping time and rhythm and finesse!

I thought, “Ok, I think I’m going to need to go to the doctor and get an MC!!!!” However, I warmed down and came to work – feeling a little bit better. That stayed consistent until approximately 9am the next morning when I awoke to reach for my phone (sms came!). Arms burned, chest burned, calves burned, ribs burned – actually scrunched up my nose to sniff out the fire!

So, of course, the day at work was shot – doc gave me muscle relaxants, painkillers and the DAY OFF! Let me tell you something – it’s mighty embarrassing when you have to call your boss and tell them you overdid it at the gym you just joined and even more humiliating when your whole department finds out about it and asks you, concernedly (but tongue in cheek) how you are the next day when you return to work!

But it isn’t all in vain. I am ecstatic that for once, I am feeling so gung-ho about exercise and am still going strong (for now) about classes and exercising.

Saw my personal trainer today for the first time – Daniel, Korean, 5’10”, 180lbs, eyes: good, mouth: good, hair: good, fingers (my personal favourite!): gooood!

Mmmmmmm…..if you need me, I’ll be at the gym!

No comments: