Thursday, April 24, 2003

Hi ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have had a lovely time visiting the Highlands and last long Easter weekend (we were off from Fri-Mon), we flew up to Amsterdam and Paris!!!!!!!! Amsterdam was kind crowded and dirty and quite a few of the sights were hours away but we managed to occupy ourselves....somehow! ;) Saw a 'show' but damn was it tame. I must say I expected a lot more and I guess I would have been better off watching Thai shows. The people were friendly though and they spoke English which was a life-saver. I can say this now cos my next destination, Paris, left a lot lacking from the people.

They were unfriendly and unhelpful to people who looked different and didn't speak their language. At least that was the impression I got. It's basically a very ingrained, natural reserve, aloofness and arrogance that they carry with them that just doesn't jibe with the fact that so many people, from ALL parts of the world visit Paris. I may not have been there for very long but I covered the normal tourist sights. DIdn't have time to visit the museums so maybe I can't say that I have been to the Musee Dorsay or the Louvre but at least I have seen the outside and I have been up the Eiffel Tower.

I kinda feel like the more I travel, the more I see and experience, the more I appreciate how beautiful and lucky Malaysia and her people actually are. Don't let anyone ever tell you differently! We are a world-class country in terms of customer service, food and people. I cannot even begin to compare how readily we help foreigners and how exciting our food is when compared to everywhere else. Perhaps it is because not alot that I try is new since we get such a cosmopolitan atmosphere in Malaysia.

I miss my family so much and I miss my home and food in Penang. I am enjoying spending my free money here in Scotland and wherever I may get the fancy and time to travel to but what I wouldn't do to curl up at home on the living room sofa and watch Astro with my mum and chat with my dad. Age and maturity really gets you missing home.

Life is very busy here. I have been here 3 weekends and always feel like I don't have enough tiem to do anything. Every weekend, we are out exploring and spending and time just flies. Half my training stint here is gone already and I have only updated my blog like 3 times. Kinda hard too when there's no email/Internet in the office or near the hotel! The only thing I haven't tried here yet is the drinking and visiting the pubs! Seems like a LOT of drinking goes on here in Scotland.........

Am trying to upload more pics but I know a lot of people out there cannot access my pics. Well, guess I will have to do something about that when I return and meet up with my techie genius but in the meantime, I am sorry cos I to share so much with you guys!

By the way, visiting places is so much cooler when you're with a loved one so take heed!

Write me at ttanny@yahoo.com or errolyn@errolyn.com

No comments: