Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tit Bits from My Life

JH asked me to write that the Lorong Seratus Tahun Curry Mee in SS2 is very very good!

He also asked me if I had written a blog about something else but I hadn't and now I can't remember what I'm supposed to write about.

I had a very antsy feeling yesterday evening - I feel like I don't wanna go home and veg and make small talk. I feel like going to a mall somewhere - of course it'd be great if I could pak tor with my husband but…..well, let's just say his employers aren't paying him to go dating…..sigh…..
I also have to clean up the house in time for somebody to come stay in it - I hope it'll be alright….I've never let my house or anything else out for that matter and am feeling just that teensy bit possessive….actually I'm just afraid the tenant will be careless (I shan't say irresponsible) and my whole house will be at risk.

Also, tomorrow night, my new car will be arriving! YEAY! Stay tuned for pictures - maybe on Wed or Thursday or after Beijing if I don't have the time. At the same time, I can test out pics from the new camera of the car on the unsuspecting public (yeah, that means you!). At first I was excited about getting a new ride but with the time lag my dealer is making me endure, it's gone rather stale….I just want to be able to collect my RM625 petrol rebate….come on man! It's your job, just do it ok!

And it doesn't help my mood that I'm getting fatter by the minute. Not anyone else's fault but my own - or maybe I can blame it on my Mother In Law for cooking great dinners and my Father In Law for hiring a maid.

Yesterday JH said I should be a very happy woman. I'm 4 days away from hopping on a jet plane to a honeymoon in Beijing for a week, I don't do any housework, I don't cook unless I want to experiment and potentially call out for Domino's (heheheheh) and my "husband loves me so much that he plans a massage for me in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday" (verbatim from his mouth). However, sometimes when I'm in a funk, he has also offered to spend me off to a day spa - so he can escape my diarrheic harangues! So I don't know- was I being bitchy on Sunday???

It's true though but I try not to revel in it too much - lest the heavens get jealous (to quote Kino/or his wife Juana in 'The Pearl' by John Steinbeck!)

On another note, I CAN'T BELIEVE I remembered Kino's name! This is a novella I read in Secondary School in English Literature class and haven't thought of in years!!!! I.CANNOT.BELIEVE.IT!!!!!!!!! I confess that I got Juana's name from the internet but KINO was all on my own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we come back from Beijing, I have a few things to sort out - the housing loan, the car loan, the condo, the kid…..

No comments: