Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Cry Baby!

Last Saturday afternoon, I watched an Astro movie called 'The Last Kiss'. I caught it after it had started and I usually don't watch shows half way through but this one seemed interesting enough. How was I to know it would launch me into a bawling fit that could only have been topped by a few others a few years ago. Gosh, it really rail-roaded me into the past. There was this scene where a mum was talking to her daughter about leaving her husband of 30 years. She wasn't happy but the daughter was being all bitchy and blaming the mum for not trying to be better, for pushing his buttons knowingly and then blaming him for it.

First sign of trouble:

Daughter: Men are easy Mom! I figured (partner's name) out in half an hour!

Fast forward a few scenes. This guy - let's call him Nick - is seen calling a random girl and making plans to meet up with her after work. Now, I don't know if I'm a big time pessimist or I've just watched these kinds of movies too many times now but I knew immediately that this Nick person is Daughter's partner! Because when you declare that you know it all - that's when they ambush you isn't it? That's called PLOT! hHahahhaha - Ok, it's actually called Crisis but.....Crises make up the Plot! Anyways, what the hell! I'm right!!!

(Draw parallel to Titanic - "This ship is so strong, even God himself could not sink it!")

So Nick tells Daughter he's meeting with a friend after work - to help him get through a separation.

Second sign of trouble:

Daughter: Oh gawd, everybody is falling apart around us!

Luckily, we're half way through the movie so I immediately get to see Daughter suddenly coming upon an emergency and calling Nick (in this case, someone's dad died). Friend of Nick who was supposed to be Nick's alibi decides, "I won't lie for Nick" so Daughter is suddenly in a frenzy trying to find out where Nick is. Nick, meanwhile, is canoodling with a young college slut - dancing away at a sophomore party, you know the kind - at first Nick seems uneasy, perhaps even guilty but then his MANLY instincts take over and his hands start wondering. Long story short - they end up kissing. Movie director tries to keep the Climax for later so Nick goes home 'chaste' ("We kissed once." qhich then morphs into "We kissed several times"). Daughter is furious, screams at him of course and demands that he leave. He does, only to wind up…..in the arms of College Girl. In bed. Naked. Climax.

I am telling you - the writer, the actress (who plays Daughter) has definitely gone through heartbreak before because I could see the emotion, that's why I said the movie RAILROADED me back into the past…..I could feel what she was expressing, I could feel the whole kablooee.

Several things she said after that were poignant:

Scene: Daughter gives Nick a chance to explain because, wait for it......she loves this filthy cad! Don't we always?

Daughter: Were you telling me the truth last night? That you didn't sleep with her?
Nick: Ummmm....
Daughter: You lying S**.Of.A.B*tch!!! Get out!
Nick: But I was only trying to be honest with you! Don't you see that????


Ahhh! The good old times!

Daughter: How could you do this to me? How could you hurt me like this?

Another one:

Daughter: I could feel a pain in my heart.

So true! I know it sounds BAD but it IS true!

Now this one I like:

Nick: I would do anything to get her back.
Father of Daughter: Anything?
Nick: Anything!
Father of Daughter: Then it's easy. Just do whatever it takes.
Nick: Whatever it takes?
Father of Daughter: Whatever it takes.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Nick guy repeated his infidelities seeing he likes repetition! :)

And then of course, he camps outside the door of Daughter, day in, day out, (sing with me now) Sun Rise, Sun Set, Sun Rise, Sun Set…..Rain Come, Rain Go….then Daughter got a bit soft hearted - AIYA, I tell you all us girls are just soft hearted suckers!!!! We always do this - we think the guys mean something when they do stuff like this. When are we going to learn, it's all a means to an end and their end is NOT always the same as our end!!! Anyway, when I watched the parts where the Daughter dropped blankets for Nick, dropped a sandwich for Nick, I got a bit furious. If we sat outside a guy's door like that, he would come home from a date and bring the buxom blonde in!!!!! That's what they would do. So I was understandably angry with women-kind for being the mushy beings that we are.

I am not sure what the point of my post this time is but to tell all and sundry that I cried my eyes and heart out on Saturday and I think that has purged me of old ghouls once and for all! So…..Yippee!!!

No comments: