Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Errolyn Meets Frank Sinatra.

We had never met before, albeit with all his fame and my interest in the oldies! But one fateful night, at a pasar stall in SS2 (!!!!) I was introduced to him. A simple black and white image of him stared back at me, smiling debonairly and confidently, whispering to me to 'just take' him. Who could resist and I had always heard of his effect on people…..even without the blue eyes, I just had to!

He got popped into the player and soon, his low mellow voice filled the car - singing 'Fly Me To The Moon' and 'Moon River' and the like. It was quite magical, I wonder what a superior sound system would have been able to do to his music. I didn't get to enjoy it too much cos we were talking in the car but the soothing timbre of his voice could melt a girl's heart entirely too easily, I warn you. So guys - Play Frank and I guarantee you…..With the right ambience and the right lighting, the world could be your oyster if you know how to do it right!

The other guy I can think of who can do this is Barry White - yes, he of the 'Ally McBeal' fame! I seem to have a thing for men with deep voices and who speak with that special languid sensuality without sounding lazy (……lazy just pisses me off!) ….and no, Louis Armstrong does NOT speak with sensuality!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree on the Louis Armstrong part..