Sunday, September 04, 2005

Merdeka's just passed and I didn't celebrate.....not saying in the least that I am ungrateful for the fact that Tunku Abdul Rahman (to paraphrase a recent Edisi Siasat) 'menitik darah' for our Independence, but I thought I'd stay home and pay tribute and custom to the many TV shows that were being aired about the Kemerdekaan Celebrations......I mean somebody's going to have to watch them right?

Anyways, was catching, while reading, the 8TV Quickie with Rena, Marion and Adam......they were very happy and fun and I must say they are very good hosts in the sense that I never get irritated watching them, I never hear bad grammar or just bad English and I actually sit through their Quickies....which is something I rarely do with Malaysian TV......

Then, whaddayaknow! They have little VoxPops (Voice on The Street) where people say why the Like Living in Malaysia or Why Malaysia is Great or something to that effect....and what do I see on National TV on the Day when Malaysians of all creed, colour and race are celebrating in 'perfect' unity????

There is a musical group - the role models for our leaders of tomorrow.....saying, and I quote, "Malaysia is great because of the way it's spelled! M-A-L-A-Y--S-IA!" No mistakes have been made with the hyphens inserted between the letters - just imagine the spaces to denote timing and rhythmn.....Now, tell me what that means and tell me if I am paranoid.

SELAMAT MENYAMBUT HARI MERDEKA EVERYBODY - ESPECIALLY IF YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS!

No comments: